Join UKTI's trade mission and break into the lucrative Japanese market.
The Fashion & Lifestyle Mission to Japan represents an outstanding opportunity for UK companies to unlock substantial business prospects and meet and showcase their products to major buyers and potential partners. The 2015 mission is being organised by UKTI London and UKTI Japan, in association with the UK Fashion & Textile Association and the British Allied Trades Federation.
- With a total GDP of JPY 500 trillion in 2014, Japan is the world’s 3rd largest economy country in the world after the US and China.
- The Japanese fashion market including jewellery and accessories was worth JPY 1,800 billion in 2013 and is ranked 3rd in the world.
- There are over 230 department stores, 500 fashion boutique chains and many independent stores country-wide.
- Japan is the UK’s largest export destination for fashion after the EU and the US. It is also seen as a gateway to markets in other Asian countries.
- Japan is the 3rd largest E-Commerce market in the world, followed by the US and China, with a market size of 11.2 trillion yen in 2013.
- 2 day meet-the-buyers showcase will be an ideal opportunity for mission delegates to present their latest collections to Japanese buyers and distributors.
To participate in this mission, your business must be registered within the UK. Eligibility and product suitability will be assessed by UKTI and the mission leaders.
Who should attend?
Companies in the following sectors who do not have any agents in Japan:
- Fashion: Clothing, accessories and footwear designers and manufacturers.
- Lifestyle: Tableware, homeware, interiors, giftware, stationery, etc designers and manufacturers.
- Beauty: Cosmetics, bath & body care, fragrances suppliers and manufacturers.
The programme will give you the tools of seize the opportunity to expand into this exciting market. Through a briefing session, meet-the-buyers showcase, networking and site visits, you will gain the knowledge and confidence to do business successfully in Japan.
* Compulsory for all delegates
Tuesday 3rd November (Japanese bank holiday)
AM – Mission briefing at the New Hall of the British Embassy*
PM – Free time for your own business needs
Wednesday 4th November
AM – Showcase set-up/preparation*
PM – Showcase Day 1 at the Ambassador’s residence*
Early evening – Reception at the Ambassador’s residence
Thursday 5th November
All day – Showcase Day 2 at the Ambassador’s residence*
Early evening – Showcase close-down*
Evening – Mission dinner for the delegates
Friday 6th November
All day – Retail Tour to be arranged by UKTI Japan, or meetings/market research at delegate’s own arrangement
Participation fee: £750 (+VAT)
Additional costs not covered include accommodation, insurance, flights, airport transfers, subsistence and expenses.
MVS Funding: Market Visit Support Funding may be available to assist companies joining the mission. Please contact your International Trade Advisor (ITA) for more information regarding MVS Funding. Find your local ITA here: www.uktiofficefinder.ukti.gov.uk.
Flights and Accommodation
You will be responsible for booking your own flights and accommodation. British Airways offers 10% discount to UK companies who make a booking through the Export to Japan website at www.exporttojapan.co.uk.
British Embassy Tokyo has secured 25 single/double rooms with Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Ginza http://www.solaria-hotels.jp/ginza/english/ in central Tokyo at a discounted price. Please speak to the mission leaders if you would like to make a booking with the hotel.
Enquiries and Registration
Director of International Business Development
UK Fashion & Textile Association
UKTI London Fashion team - email@example.com