Could your business become one of the hundreds of British companies enjoying success in Japan? UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is delighted to announce its forthcoming market visit to Japan, for companies looking for opportunities to trade within this lucrative market.
What are the business opportunities?
In a conscious effort to maintain their status as a global leader within a saturated manufacturing market, Japanese companies continue to express interest in innovative UK Advanced Engineering Solutions and are receptive to new and proven technology. With their impressive track-record of dependability, quality and cutting-edge technology, UK companies are increasingly becoming the “go- to” source for Japanese manufacturers.
Tokyo International Industry Exhibition (TIIE) 2015
Make real inroads into the Japanese market by joining an exclusive and hosted market visit package to coincide with the TIIE tradeshow, organised and run by UKTI Shropshire (West Midlands) in conjunction with UKTI Tokyo.
The programme will include a group visit and guided floor-walk of a key industry fair, find out more information by visiting: www.sangyo-koryuten.tokyo/english/.
Embassy staff will accompany and assist delegates at the exhibition as part of the overall visit package.
What are the benefits of joining a UKTI market visit?
Travelling out as part of a Government/UKTI endorsed trade contingent will attract greater publicity than a solo visit and help open doors. For companies that are serious about doing business in Japan there is simply no substitute for a personal visit.
- a limited number of tailored individual meetings will be arranged for each company as standard. Meetings with Japanese companies will be dependant on interest
- press interviews and reception
- a networking event
- benefit from the support of Trade Advisers throughout your visit, who have years of experience assisting British companies in Japan
- open doors and boost credibility by being part of a British Government associated visit
- attend a market briefing at the British Embassy Tokyo
- UKTI support before, during, and after your visit to ensure that the trip is a success and that you have a clear understanding of the next steps you need to take
- further in-depth research and an even more comprehensive meeting programme can also be made available as part of UKTI’s Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS)
Cost of participation
- There is no charge to participate in the market visit, however each delegate will be required to reserve and pay for their own travel, accommodation, and subsistence throughout the duration of their visit. Recommendations and booking support will be made available.
- Should interpretation be required for meetings arranged outside of TIIE then the Embassy has access to a tried and tested Embassy panel of technically capable interpreters available at their discounted rate.
- UKTI Market Visit Support (MVS) financial assistance of up to £700 (flight costs) may be available for eligible companies. To check your eligibility please contact us or speak to your local ITA.
Since there are limited places available, early registration is advisable.
Registration and further information
To register your interest please visit: www.exportwm.co.uk/marketvisits/
Or for further information contact: Richard Smith (UKTI Japan specialist - Shropshire)
T: 01952 208 234 or M: 07889 075 758
Download the PDF for additional information!