UK app and game developers can take advantage of this excellent opportunity for their product to be tested in the Japanese market, with the chance of featuring at a large government campaign event to be held in Japan in February next year.
Background to the Event
The aim of this project is to raise awareness of UK mobile apps and games among wider Japanese audiences by providing a platform where UK app and game developers can submit their products to be tested by Japanese users. Your company may have the chance to be featured at a large event around our current campaign 'Innovation is GREAT', raising the profile of UK innovative companies in the Japanese market.
The British Embassy Tokyo currently has a pool of 700+ bloggers acting as UK ambassadors in Japan. They will be invited to test the submitted apps and games, and be asked to comment on and evaluate their experiences through social media and blogs.
- October - December: Open recruitment of UK games/apps providers
- Early January: Selection of successful applicants and invite bloggers to download
- January - February: Bloggers to play the games/apps, assess and give feedback to UKTI & to comment via blogs
- February: Showcase of top apps at our Innovation is GREAT event in Tokyo
Benefit for UK companies
- Receive a free assessment of your app by Japanese consumers (bloggers/Ambassador’s programme)
- Free promotional opportunity via blogger’s network
- Opportunity to increase downloads
Type of app/games
- Priority will be given to apps/contents which are already available in Japan via AppleStore, iTunesStore or Google Play Store
- Select freemium content/games/business tools
- Games/contents should be suitable for promotion under our 'innovation' theme coinciding with our on-going campaign (UKTI Japan reserves the right to judge the suitability).
Scroll down to register your interest, specifying whether your product is already available in the iTunes App store and Google Play store in the Japan market (or other markets).
Please also detail the category of content (i.e. game, app, tool for something) in your entry.
For more information, please contact Etsuo Watanabe at Etsuo.Watanabe@fco.gov.uk